Saturday, March 17, 2012

Paint Happy

Hello everyone!

How is your weekend going so far. I have been painting! It has been so lovely outside, sunny and warm that spring projects have been beckoning me to go do them! Dear Husband thinks I am paint crazy! He insists that I paint everything in my path! I do not however paint everything in my way.  Just some things, that really really need it. Besides painting something is the cheapest way to change your look, or get a face lift without spending LOTS of money. And that is the kind of budget I have, the DON't spend a LOT of money budget!

Anyway back to the beautiful spring day and how I had several things laying around in my work in progress craft room(more on that later) that had just been waiting for a good day to be taken out and spray painted! So here you go its show and tell time:

Before:
Here is the little French Press I picked up the other day at Goodwill for $1.99(I love finding good deals)

Here it is about to be spray painted
 After:

TaDa it is now a pretty Cherry Red French Press all for under $6. Now that is what I call a bargain!
 Next up to be painted was a fruit stand Dear Husband had from before we were married. I forgot to get a before shot of it in my excitement to paint it. Just imagine it dark green!

This guy is going to hold my lovely yarn I wish to display! Because my yarn stash is definitely bigger than this basket can hold! I will get a picture of it with the yarn here in a few days!

A green vine rack with hooks got thrown into the mix too!


And finally I had this cd tower. That's its original purpose but I have never used it that way! Instead it holds little trinkets I have collected!
Here it is in all its brown glory! It wasn't too bad looking but I thought it need pazzaz! mmm Maybe Dear Husband is on to something?? Nah!


Now it is a pretty Cherry Red! It will go nicely in the craft room/ Guest room as a pop of color!
There you have it! All that I have painted today. It wont be the last. There is another little table roaming around here that needs a facelift of some kind, plus our bedroom is in desperate need of painting. So stay tuned to the drama that has been named the House Wars!

Till next time,

Amanda
P.S on a knitting note I am almost done with the Stockholm Scarf! See... Course also note those little strings
of yarn right next to it. Do you see them? That is what I have left to work with to bind off! Do you see the deli-ma I have just run into? I clearly under estimated what the pattern called for in yarn yardage. When I calculated I admit, I got cocky. I did my math and I said "Hey that is close I will be fine! I have been fine in the past with plenty left over!" Well  not this TIME! Here I am so close to being finished! So I am going to try and see if I can finish with these few short strings I have left! And if not I have to break down and buy a whole new ball for the last 20 stitches!



No comments: