Friday, July 6, 2012

Gumballs

Hello everyone,

Don't you just love Pinterest? I sure do. It helps get me into the mood, to find my happy place. Some days I know I want to craft something but some times  I haven't got a clue as to what. Then, BANG! Pinterest has some awesome idea that I can not wait to try. There are so many blogs out there that center around making those pins a reality. I just love that!

Any who back on topic. Not to long ago I was on Pinterest(surprise surprise) when I came across a way to make an old style gumball machine from some inexpensive items at your local Walmart or hobby store. I love old time stuff. Naturally I was drawn to this project.

Here is what you will need:
Medium sized clay pot
Small clay disk
1 wooden knob
1 button or bottle cap
Medium sized glass bowl
Hot glue gun
Krazy Glue

Now it's time to assemble. First you may want to paint it. I painted mine a lovely Ivory. Mainly because I already had it at home.  I put it together, embellished with a ribbon,  and wa-la I have my very own old time gumball or candy machine all for under $5.
Isn't it cute? I love that it matches my room perfectly.  Here is one that my friend Jess did. I loved how hers turned out too!
You are getting a double dose today, because yesterday ran right by me and I never got to share a craft with you.  I know you thought I was all done. Well I have just one more quick project to share. This is another great one because it allows you to use all those magazines you have lying around!  Come on I know you have them hiding somewhere in your home. You know I know.
Using fun and colorful pages from all those magazines lying around we are going to make envelopes! Exciting huh? Wait till you see how it easy it is.

Check out this You Tube video that shows just how easy it is to make these! I love it now I don't have to run to the store to get envelopes. I can just make it at home. I love the D.I.Y life!  This wraps up craft week. We started out with Stockholm, then Bookmarks and Hair Pins. Now we have Gumballs.

Have a lovely Friday everyone. I have family coming in to visit me so I am checking out for a couple of days.

Till Next Time,

No comments: