Sunday, February 26, 2012

Friday's craft day

Wow has time flown, I meant to get this post out to you on Friday. Saturday at the latest. Oh well here it is now.
I got a call from my friend, the Queen Beads, earlier this week inviting me over for a little beading party on Friday. I was excited of course till I realized that I don't bead. I knit. I am a knitter. Making necklaces is not my thing. Course my friend reassured me I did not have to bead while I was there I could just knit and hang out.
This invite is what led me to stumble across a new knitting idea(not my own of course). I wondered if I could make jewlery by knitting with jewelry wire. As always I googled this idea. And go figure you can knit with jewelry wire. I know this should not come as a surprise to me. I gleaned what information I could find on the subject and off to the store I went to purchase my supplies, .3mm Silver Beading wire, 6/0 beads, and size 2 dpns(other than the double pointed needles or dpns I got all my supplies at Walmart for $10). I was all set for friday.
We had a nice little group. It was so relaxing spending a few hours with good friends, chatting and beading.
Here is my first attempt at knitting with beads and jewelry wire. Its not a pretty site. Well in my opinion anyway. My friends were great as they always are and told me it looked good, but I lean towards being a perfectionist when it comes to my knitting. But it was fun none the less and exciting to learn something new! I am going to have keep practicing and see if I can find any books on the subject the next time I go to Barnes and Noble. I hope everyone's weekend was good.



No comments: