Thursday, February 23, 2012

Can't Find the Coffee Pot!


This is a scene from one of my favorite Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis films(My Friend Irma, 1949). For all those out there who enjoy a good old movie, this was the movie that introduced Dean and Jerry, however I digress. This little clip expressed my sentiments exactly yesterday morning. Only my problem wasn't that I couldn't find the coffee pot(I keep two in the house along with a French Press to keep such a disaster from happening!). No the problem was that I could not find any coffee beans! My good coffee was out. Empty. Nada. Zilch!

Well now, where is the harm you may ask? What with a coffee shop just up the road from my house, I could easily go there and get my morning fix on my way to the store to get more coffee. But not so fast. You see in my opinion no one, save for Starbucks themselves and my friend Jojo, can make coffee as well as I do. Not even Dear Husband is allowed to touch the coffee maker!  I don't say this to brag that I make the best coffee, just that my taste buds prefer it that way. I have this lovely little ritual. I get up in the morning, my slippers scuffing across the floor as I drag my body into the kitchen. I scoop the glistening beans into the coffee grinder and grind them down, then add  the water to the coffee maker and press the magical button that will make this machine GIVE me coffee. Then I wait, all the while in my pajamas(I can not wait for decent coffee in my pajamas at the coffee shop. Well I suppose I could but I would feel silly.). I wait for the aroma of my strong brew to waif over me, to flood my senses and bring me to life. It is a very special relationship coffee and I have. A bond that has been in the making for many years now. We had a short break up a few years back, but that is a different story. What matters now is the strong bond we have today, and how because I was out of beans, my day was beginning to look very bleak indeed!

So I had to do what any person who has discovered they were out of coffee has to do. I had to go to the store. As it turns out discovering you are out of coffee does not mean its a sign that its the end of the world! It does not mean I get to crawl back into bed and throw the covers over my head. However I do feel much better knowing that I have this guy in my possession!

Now on another note. I got my latest issue of Interweave Knits yesterday and couldn't wait to look  thru it and see what kind of treasures I could find inside.

 I have been thinking for quite some time now that I need to knit a sweater. I have been making hats, scarves, even bags for a while now. I need to challenge myself! I have been searching for a sweater pattern and found many I would love to make. But I wanted to start of with a simple sweater design. You can imagine my delight then, when I started flipping thru my spring issue and stumbled upon this!
It has a simple shape designed to work with anything in your wardrobe. And its versatile, kind of like the reversible skirt they made back in the 90's. One side is floral where the other side is polka dots. You got two outfits in one. I am for just about anything that is versatile. A simple sweater with a nice drape that can give you multiple looks is right up my alley. Very soon I am going to have this on my needles. Stay tuned for sweater follow ups!

Now since the cleaning fairies skipped my house last night I better go clean. Happy crafting and knitting!

Signing off,
Crazy Amanda

No comments: