Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hungover


I am suffering a hangover. No not from alcohol, although a little wine would have helped. It is from technology. I am suffering a technology hangover, and from the effects of the above statement. Yesterday and even the night before I got sucked into the technology vortex. A place where one web page of information leads to another and before you know it, you are going around in circles and don't know which way is up or down. I was so excited with trying to make everything perfect on this blog and start networking, that I dove right into trying to find everything I needed to know all in one day! My poor brain just frazzled. Sure I can figure out what a line like this (K2, p2, c6b, p2, k2tog, yo, k5, yo, ssk, yo, k3, sk2p, yo, k5, yo,ssk, yo, k3, ssk, p2, c6b, p2, k2) means, but put some HTML code before me for a simple addition like a Facebook Like Button and I am reduced to a ball in the corner crying! 

Finally around 1:30 this morning, I had enough! I started this blog for fun. I wanted to reach out to a creative community, to be inspired and to inspire.  While its wonderful to reach out thru all the social medias we have at our finger tips, I don't want to seem like I am out for only the numbers of the masses. Don't get me wrong getting followers, and Likes on Facebook is a lovely recognition and one I won't deny I want to have. But I am a beginner to all this. I can't expect myself to get it all right on the first go. After all this blog for me is another creative journey. Perfecting it will take time, like mastering any other craft.  So please bear with me as I try new things on here trying to figure it all out. I welcome any suggestions and help you other fellow bloggers have to offer! What great tips have you picked up along the way? What have you found to be effective for you?

Now I am going to go nurse this hangover with something I know I will understand. Hope everyone's week is going well.

Till later,

Amanda

No comments: