Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tuesday's Tidbits

Wow this has taken so much longer to get this out today than I thought it would. I started out at like 11 am and here I am still trying to get this out to you. I am new to all of this so I guess some delays are to be expected as I learn all that there is to do. Anyway today I wanted to share with you some tidbits I have found great and useful to me on my journey as a knitter and crafter.

Lets start out with one site that has been particularly resourceful to me, and that is Ravelry.  Have you been to their site yet? If you haven't I highly recommend it!  Whether you are a novice or a seasoned knitter this site is for you. It's a free site that unite Knitters and Crocheter's alike. There are groups, forums and hundreds upon hundreds of patterns to choose from. Check it out by clicking on the word Ravelry above or find me on Ravelry here.

Another cool site is Craftys! You can take classes online for the craft of your preference from some pretty neat and well known crafters, do workshops and display projects you have completed. I am new there myself so I am still figuring it out. Are any of you out there on Craftsy?  If so look me up, I would love to see what you are working on and get more great tips.

There are a few more blogs that I have come across that have sparked my interest and thought they might spark yours too. Here is a list of them, you can also find them under my blog roll entitled I am Inspired by.
  • www.cozychicksblog.com;  This blog is for all those book lovers out there. Its a collaboration of mystery writers who post on this blog and from what I have read thus far they are a fun lot. There is one series in particular that caught my interest, the Knitting Mysteries by Maggie Sefton(more on her later.)
  • http://crazyknittinglady.wordpress.com/: The title of Glenna's blog, Knitting to Stay Sane, is enough to captivate anyone if you ask me.
  • http://nevernotknitting.blogspot.com/: I just started reading Alana's blog but so far it is captivating. The knitting she displays are just beautiful. She has a new book out called Coastal Knits. I recommend checking that book out, the patterns in there are just to die for. Here is the link to Coastal knits to see what titillating patterns she has. 
  • http://www.dangercrafts.com/: Meet Rebecca Danger! She likes monsters! Really really cute monsters! If you don't believe me just click on the link. The monsters speak for themselves.
There is one more great site that needs a shout out and that is Pinterest! A wonderful web invention that has just exploded! A place where you can collect online "pins" and pin them to your board. An online pinboard who knew? Obviously the great minds at Pinterest. The creative ideas on there are just endless and more are added everyday. I deeply encourage you to check it out and let your imagination run wild.

One final thing to share with you, before I close for the night. I was reading on Susan's blog (if you are not already a follower of hers you should be. I am in no way paid or compensated to tell you that. I am just a HUGE fan of her work)earlier today and she had posted this little clip that I want to share with you. This pretty much sums up what everyone of us knitters says or does(and you the one sitting there saying "No I don't" YES! You do!) I laughed so hard when I watched it. Enjoy!
Have a great night everyone. Till next time!

No comments: