Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Seedlings

I mentioned in a previous post that I had a couple of tricks up my sleeves to give us at least a small garden this summer, while I clear out the new garden spot. Well today I am going to show you what I have done! I have made a salad basket.
I wished it had green foliage for you already but that will just have to wait for another time.

  First off I have to credit the source, because there is no way I would have come up with this all by myself. I got the idea off of Pinterest(so whoever from pinterest put it there and came up with the idea I thank you). Its been one of the many projects that I have pinned with the hope of doing it some day.  Well that day came when I went to a yard sale and found just the basket that I needed for the project.
Only one buck for this guy. I was very pleased!
I gathered my supplies...
Next I needed to get my lovely little mesh things to fit into my baskets. It required a little cutting and coaxing but I got the job done!



All I had left to do was plant my little seeds and hang it out side! Now I just have to wait and see if I actually have a green thumb. I attempted getting some Jalapeno plants started from seeds a few weeks back, but I have not seen one little sprout. I think I am going to have to redo them. So hopefully in a few weeks I will have little sprouts of Lettuce, Spinach, and Basil to show you. Have you finished any Pinterest projects your self?  Have a Wonderful Wednesday!

Till next time,

Amanda



The Pinterest Challenge

2 comments:

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

I think this is a brilliant idea for growing your greens! It will looks so pretty with all of those leaves pouring out of each tier. Good luck with your gardening! :)

Amanda J Anson said...

Thank you Michele! My basket already has some great growth to it, I am so excited. I will be sharing about it here soon.