Friday, April 27, 2012

April Showers

Tragedy has struck our family. I learned earlier this week that a close friend to my side of the family has been killed in an accident. It has shaken up the community for she was active and well known in my little home town and of course my family is feeling the loss deeply. Her life was taken too soon.

When these kinds of things happen it really makes you stop and think. We get so busy with our lives. And most of it is all necessary. After all those bills keep coming in. The kids still need clothes and shoes. They like to eat too.

But we get so busy that we forget to appreciate the little things in life that make our life worth while.  The time with our friends and family. The beauty that surrounds us each day. Flowers that are coming into bloom this time of year. The little animals we see around us but take for granted. All of these things my friend Audrey always appreciated. She was an artist. She loved to capture in her paintings the beauty that she saw thru her artistic eyes.

 And even though she wont be painting any more, I know that I will not be able to pass a bed of flowers or an old time truck in a field without thinking of her and how she would have exclaimed in excitement at a new art project. Walking around the house today showed me more evidence of her in my life. She helped my sister and I paint these boxes. She gave me a small copy of an original water color she did. In the kitchen I have a recipe book that she gave me when Dear Husband and I got married.
With her passing April has become a month of bittersweet memories, especially for my parents. Tuesday was their 30th wedding anniversary. With every thing that has happened I didn't get a chance to write a post on it and a nice dinner to celebrate has been postponed. So I am taking a moment now, to acknowledge both of these events. Happy Anniversary to my parents. May they have so many more happy years together, keeping each other strong despite the sadness they meet along the way. We will never forget Audrey. She will be in our hearts and memory forever.  Have you taken the time to say I LOVE YOU to someone close to you? Is there a friend you have lost touch with? Take a moment to do that. You never know when your I love you is your last one.

Till next time

Amanda

No comments: