Monday, May 21, 2012

A Knitting Note

This is what I woke up to this morning.

I received a concerned letter. Here is what it says...
          
 Dearest Amanda,
         We know you have been quiet busy with home organization and work. And don't get us wrong the place is looking great! The craft room especially. We love that we will be having our very own room to hang out in. But frankly we have not been feeling the love here lately. We are concerned about your creative knitting spark. You used to hold us close and tight. We would hear your shouts of glee over a new yarn or pattern, but they are distant whispers now. Please come back to us!
Signed Yarn and Needles

Then while I was in the craft room checking things over I saw this.


I scrambled back to the kitchen. Clearly my mind was playing tricks on me and I needed some strong coffee to snap me out of this. Despite the strong coffee I still saw what my yarn was thinking. OK. This. is. serious.  I mean I know I have been a bit preoccupied of late with all things house related, but I didn't think it was that bad. However may Yarn and Needles is right. Could I be losing my spark? Just last night I had this strong desire to cast on a new project. Yet no new project came to mind. I could not think of a single pattern that just grabbed me and sucked me right in.  But I can't be losing my spark. Knitters don't do that. Not knitters that fell as hard as I did for knitting.  Its just a slump. Or the results of an over crowded mind that makes it look like I have lost my spark for knitting.

So Yarn and Needles, hang in there. I am coming back I promise!
Photobucket

Till Next Time,

Amanda

No comments: