Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I now pronounce the kitchen done!

Hello Everyone!

How was everyone's weekend? I forgot to ask that in my last post yesterday. I was looking ahead at the next few challenges on Toni's blog and I saw that there were several on the kitchen coming up. Like the pantry, fridge, freezer, and spice cabinet. Well since my last post was on clearing up the counter and shelf that divides my kitchen and living room I thought I would stick with the kitchen theme and get the rest of the challenges involving the kitchen done and out of the way.

First on the list is the pantry.  My pantry is also not ideal. But I think you may have guessed that was coming from the other posts where I have mentioned I am not in my dream kitchen. However its is what I have and so what I have must be organized. Here is what my pantry looked like before.

BEFORE
Everything was just crammed in there. Very hard to find anything. Not exactly helpful to doing meal planning. As per the routine I pulled everything out and took inventory.  It looks so much better now.  Its still a deep deep cupboard and that makes it hard to get it just the way I want it. I prefer shallower cupboards for a pantry.  Then you can't stock to much and you can see exactly what you have and know when you have run out of and item. Some day in the future I will do a kitchen remodel that I will be all to happy to share with you.
AFTER
Now the rest of the kitchen challenges are pretty easy because they are all ready done! I can't show you any before pictures because I don't have any. But I can show you current photos of how I have already organized and maintained my Fridge, Freezer and Spice Cabinet.
Freezer

Fridge

Spice Cabinet

Baking cupboard

The fridge and freezer looks a little sparse but there are only two people living in this house so I don't keep much on hand.  I believe I can now finally call the kitchen done, at least as far as being organized.  There is still a lot of style to be added to this kitchen. But that is a story for another time. What have you done in your kitchen lately? Have you made any tweaks to it lately, or have you gone and done a complete overhaul?

Till Next Time,
Amanda

No comments: