Monday, April 16, 2012

3AM Brainstorm

Its been a while since I was awakened by my tummy growling at me insisting I feed it or else it would not let me sleep. I don't even think it was a gradual awakening either. It was instant. I was asleep and then I wasn't. It took me a min to kind of gather my thoughts, especially since I had like a hundred things run through my head at once. I was laying there like Sara Jessica Parker did in the movie I Don't Know How She Does It at 3am making a list. I was thinking about how this next week was going to shape up. What did I need to do? What about those carrots sitting in the fridge that really need to be used and how in the heck am I going to use them? Then my brain bounced to organizing, because that is something my head really only wants to think about lately(have you noticed?). How I haven't started on any of the house organizing or redecoration that I have talked about doing.  There are what feel like a million other little projects that need to be done, but what are they and how are we ever going to get them done?

Then my stomach growled again, even louder! OK. First thing first. I will eat something and then start assembling a plan or something till my brain says its ready to sleep again. So I am writing. First to help me organize my thoughts in my own mind, and writing has always helped me do that. And second, I felt like this is something I should share with you. How clearly abnormal I am. How cooky my body and mind are.  And how that I am probably accomplishing more in this crazy hour that I oddly happen to be wide awake at, then I have all this past week! I think the fact that no one else is awake, not even the dog to interrupt me is a factor.

Back to the question about the million other little projects I have running around my head and wondering how I am going to get them all done.  I believe I have found my solution. Already? I know, those must have been some power eggs that I ate! Now that I think about it eggs are a brain food are they not?  Anyway back on topic. Before attempting bed the first time I had been reading over Jen's Blog and all her lovely organizational tricks when I came across this in her free printables.
Now this is exactly what I have been needing! I need to actually write down what I need and want to do with the house! By doing this I can actually get moving on the projects, because they will be written down instead of rolling around in my head. Plus my head can finally concentrate on one from start to finish because everything else is on the list! What a cleaver gal that Jen is! So this is one area I feel can now be put to ease. I can stop spending so much time wondering how I am ever gong to get it all done and finally get some doing done! Did any of that make sense? I sure hope so. I sure hope this post flows and has some reason to all the madness that is me. I sure would hate for you to be reading along and all you see is wawawa??? wawa? wawaa! waaaaaaaa?

My plan for today is to print this project list organizer out and write down all my projects that I want to do!  Now that I have a plan I think I will go get some more sleep! As for the carrots, they are going to go into a soup. A ham and white bean soup to be exact. I am going to put them in the crock pot now, just so I can say I have a jump start on a few hours from now.

Till next time,

Amanda

No comments: