Saturday, June 23, 2012

Cupcakes

Mmmm Cupcakes!!!!!! Yuuuuummmm! Well I meant to get this post up in time to actually link up with the Bloggy Olympics. At this rate do not ask me to be on your team for anything sporty because clearly I am not a very good athletic person. Deep down I have always known this. Thats why I read a lot and blog. Haha. Ask me to be part of a Readathon and I am so there. You know maybe part of my problem is that I am not a very puntcual person or organized for that matter. Need I remind you about how I am laggin VERY behind in the 21 Days to Organized challenge. Clearly I did not get the point of that challenge! Anywho I am segwaying.

In honor of Cupcake Week on Hating Martha and in theme with the Second Week theme of the Bloggy Olympics, I wanted to try Janel's Rootbeer Floatish Cupcakes. With a twist. heehee.

What's my twist on the recepie?  I added the rootbeer to the cake mix instead of to the frosting. I mainly did this because I had the soda and not the extract on hand.
Recepie:
French vanilla cake mix
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup of rootbeer

Mix and put into cupcake cups bake according to instructions.

Frosting:
1 stick butter
3 cups of powedered sugar
1/4 cup milk
3 tbls of vanilla extract.

These turned out super yummy!
I took them to work and the boys there just ate them right up. I didn't have single one to take home. I think that is proof right there they were delicious! ;) If you want a more root beer flavor to the cupcake I woul add a tsp or so of the extract to the recepie. For me however these were just right!  I  will have to make them again. I am now egar to try the Margarita Cupcake that Janel did! I will let ya know how that one turns out!

Till Next Time,

Amanda
P.S. Since I didn't get to share this with you all earlier I thought I would share it with you over at 504 Main 

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sounds great - what a creative idea!