Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hanging Lake

Hello Everyone,

How is your day going? Mine not too bad. I am currently procrastinating in cleaning my house.  Of course I am justifiying not cleaning at the moment with taking care of much needed things on the computer( like writing to you all). Also I have a strict rule, "No work to be done till the last drop of coffee is gone". Right now I still have a half of a cup so I got time! Course now I look at the clock and feel a twinge of guilt because I think of how the day is slipping past me and what will I have to show for it, alos how nice will it be to have all of my have tos out of the way before Dear Husband gets home. *Sigh* Ok I will get to work on things as soon as I am done here I promise!

So I took a break and I actually did get up and give the dog a bath and cleaned the house, plus got some laundry going. Motivation must have finally hit me. Or it could have been that I hit an impasse with finishing this blog. My tablet and I are still feeling each other out and I have yet to figure out how to get pictures where I want them in a post on my tablet. Can anyone tell me how to do this??? Anyway with this difficulty it was going to require going to the library to use their computers and I could not allow myself to leave the house with out cleaning it. Anyway back to the story...

First I want to share with you about our trip up to Hanging Lake. Rememeber I mentioned here that Dear Husband and I needed to get away from the craziness we have been experiencing lately. So we escaped to a town not to far away from where we live. We went to Hanging Lake for a hike. And it was beautiful. Once you got there. Because let me tell you think you are going to die as you are climbing up there.

Just before starting the hike up. I don't think its a very good picture but  I am keeping things real.
Thoughts are running thru my head like, How did I let myself get talked into this? And why doesn't some one just shoot me and get it over with already? When you first start out you are so joyful and looking forward to this little trek you are going to do.  I wasn't even half way to the halfway point when my legs were screaming and I was sweating in a very unlady like manor and felt like I had a permanet scowl attached to my face. Maybe I really should get that Gym membership after all. I didn't think I was that badly out of shape but apparently I am! I kept thinking how if we ever experience one of those Day After Tomorrow or Deep Impact scenarios, I am likely to be the first to die because my survival will depend on getting up the mountain the quickest and I shall be trampled!

This is the stream you get to hike next to on  your climb up to the lakes. It really was peaceful, even with the other hikers around. Frankly I found myself doing a lot of Think Walking. I didn't speak much, that could have been due to a lack of oxygen but I like to think it was because I was being reflective. I wanted to be absorbed in the moment. I wanted nature to take me in and restore my soul if you will.

Here we are at the last leg of the trail up.
And then before I knew it I was there! And I was pooped!
sshhh! I am sleeping
But the view was worth it!


There that's a much better picture of Dear Husband and I. Mmm I should get it framed. The hike down was much easier and faster and very much looked forward to, by me anyway. Obviously I survived to tell the tale, unlike how I felt on my way up. Nature did her trick, I was relaxed and at peace. Anyone else go somewhere that put them at peace and was beautiful to see?

The End...Till Next Time



No comments: