Friday, June 29, 2012

A whole lot of painting goin' on

Hello Everyone!

How has your week been?  I have enjoyed having several days off in a row from work. I have taken advantage of the time to get things done. I was so happy when Paint week happen to coincide with my little down time. Sure made it easier for me to participate!

I love to paint! I love to paint so much that Dear Husband loves to accuse me of wanting to paint everything. I protest! That is not entirely true. I just believe in the power of paint! You can see what paint did for my yarn basket and a few other things here. I can also thank my Grandpa for those painting genes I have. He loves to paint too!  Needless to say you can imagine my excitement when Painting made it as an event on the Bloggy Olympics.  Don't you just love how Gwen's mirrors from The Bold Abode came out?  I do! You really need to check them out if you have not. I am a huge fan of blue so I just swooned when I saw the final result of Gwen's project for this event!

There has been a whole lot of painting goin' on around here. I had originally intended to give this to you in small doses. You know give you something to read about everyday till today with the big reveal. Alas that is not how my life went down, so you get it all in one big swallow!

Tuesday afternoon started out with taking this guy out to the front yard...
This is my night stand and it was high time it received a makeover. There were nail polish stains and water rings all over this guy. After a light sanding and dusting I began the make over.
See all that wear and nail polish?

Soon followed some other pieces from the bedroom...


These other wood pieces were going to receive an update using Kylon's Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint.

Fast forward to today where the painting frenzy continued. I couldn't help my self. What started out at updating and making over my night stand turned into my opening this guy that I have had sitting in my closet since December.

Can you see where this is all headed? Eight hours later, and after much sweat and blood(yes I managed to nick myself in this process. I will spare you the horror and not show you that picture), I have my completed Master Bedroom!

Sorry about the photos being taken at night with the light but it  was the only what to get this done on time.
I just love how it looks!!! Don't you? Its so fresh and crisp. But calm and relaxing too!  I have a very light lilac color on three of the four walls and on the ceiling. Then I mixed a grey that I had with a slightly darker purple than the Lilac to achieve the look on the wall above where our dresser sits.  Remember that wooden heart shaped shelf from above? Now it looks like this...
I love how the purple on the walls matches this picture so perfectly.
The corner shelves came out great and and they tie in with the bed and the art work so well( that was now accident. I admit I planned for that to happen). I bought a new curtain rod for the curtains to tie everything in.  And now for my pop of color! The thing that makes me smile when I walk into the room...here is what started the whole thing.
The nightstand, in all its radiant glory. Its turned out great! Its the perfect touch to compliment the curtains on the closet. You may remember my adding them not to long ago, you can read about that here, and get a sense of what the room looked like before.
I love that my candle holder is so much more noticeable on the green table now!  So there you have it.  That is my painting adventure for this event. I am so happy to have the bedroom done and finally decorated just the way I want it. I am so ready for the next event which is coming up on Saturday. And you know its right up my alley since the event is Crafts. Hmmm...what Crazy, Craftiness will I be up to? You will just have to stop by and see!

Till Next Time,


No comments: